Friday, October 16, 2009

Well one has to start somewhere... I'll start with "watercolor painting"

My wife, Susie has been an artist since before I knew her (~25 years).  I had been attending the end of semester class critiques for her watercolor class for a year or two.  After a couple of "class critiques" I thought that maybe I could try this out, mostly to try and share one of my wifes passions.

I didn't really have any great expectations, BUT I've really enjoyed the class and really enjoyed painting.  I'm 56 years old and haven't drawn a picture since 5th grade any NEVER painted any. 

Train Engine in a Park

Aspen Trees starting to change

4 comments:

  1. I see some masterpieces that the oldmaninblackforest has made! I love them!! Now you are gonna have the kids calling dubs on your stuff. I hope you post more.

    Hugs and love from all

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice! I guess either you had some talent hidden away or being with Susie for so long that some of her talent rubbed off on you :) Thanks for sharing your pics, I can't wait to see more and hear about stuff from your perspective!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmm....I don't know which is more fun: painting or watching you paint!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They look great!! Now get busy on a watercolor of two siamese cats that looks very similar to mine....

    ReplyDelete