Thursday, October 22, 2009

In this case even I have to admit the MALE perspective leaves alot to be desired.

So the first "winter storm advisory" said only a couple of inches... well I measured over 6" at 2:30PM with 30 MPH winds, it was moderately slick. We fed a friends horses then drove to the 80 where a couple of horses are closed into a stall.  When we were there earlier in the day the was a little drifting due to the grass as Susie pointed out BUT  we could still see the road.  In any case THIS time it had a drift that we plowed through pretty easy then we came to the SECOND drift.  I punched it and made it about 30 feet before we were stopped.

So here's the rub.  I backout with no effort, Susie says "gee we only had to go a few more feet". So what do I say "Don't worry we'll get through THIS time". So I take a running start, it really looked very easy, we got about 2 INCHES further the second time. Of course this time the wet cement snow coupled with the underlying mud and we were STUCK and I mean STUCK.  We dug out snow for about an hour and a half.

Called Lise (the horse vet) for a rescue tow. Dug while we waited and had almost everything out from under the truck.  Well just as she arrived I was giving it a final "Don't worry we'll get it THIS time" (testosterone pumping (and I thought I was too old))... So BAD went to WORSE when we heard this LOUD "THUMP" oh darn.... Got out and looked under the truck to find the front drive shaft haning.... DANG

4 comments:

  1. Oh no! Glad Lise was there to give you a ride :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow~ Thats a bummer! I agree with Solitare.

    I hope it didn't take you 2 too long to warm up.

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lise was there because I called her to bring her truck and tow strap. But, alas, she got there too late to help. Now my poor truck is stranded up at the top of the hill in the snow. Don't know when we'll get it out, and I'm back to driving the caravan with the open window and no heat!

    ReplyDelete