Wednesday, November 23, 2011

So, Tomorrow is Thanksgiving....The Traditional Begining of the Holiday Season (for me anyway).

Well tomorrow is Thanksgiving, like most people we have plenty to be thankful for. First my 81 year old father is in the hospital, the bad news is he has twelve(12) broken ribs, the GOOD news is they broke his ribs doing CPR to revive him, and it worked....

Thanksgiving is usually pretty interesting around here. HOWEVER last year we had a great Thanksgiving at James and Solitares. Why you ask... Well the year before, as some of you probably remember the Turkey in the turkey bag, caught on fire and scared the heck out of me.  "Susan, where's the flippin (not the real word) fire extinguisher?", yup the one I kept one on the kitchen counter for YEARS. "Well I got rid of it a few years ago, we never used it", CLEARLY I never checked it either... dang....

A few years back we tried the deep frier. Turns out that they don't work too good when it's windy and 8 degree above zero.  FAIL... plus that too scared the heck out of me as we had to move it to the garage to keep it lit. It took nearly a 20 pound tank of propane to get the oil hot, and then... we stuck the turkey in.... Hmmm (not Mmm Mmm good, just Hmmm).

In any case most of the family usually come by, of course work schedules are tough for us 53% so occasionally not everyone makes it.  Usually a bunch of friends drop by, Susie, Mitch, Brandi, Allisa Sam, Lex... ect.....

In any case I started cooking stuff yesterday, more today.... Oh hold on, phones ringing.........        Hmmm that was Santa Claus, he wants to know if he can take a test run and use my barn to refuel (read feed) Rudolf and the other reindeer.  I told him no problem, I'll keep the young 'un in the house..... Stay tuned for pictures... lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment