Sunday, February 27, 2011

Miles, thought he died and went to hell! Poor pussy cat...

So we had a very exciting Sunday. The Bannfield" vet clinic at the Monument Petsmart had (I guess has regularly) a rabies vaccine clinic from 11:00AM to 1:00PM on Sundays, at a pretty darn good price, $19.05, regularly $50.00 at Bannfield, over $60.00 dollars at our regular vets.  It  just takes a long time.

BUT not as long as we thought, Since we had not gotten "X" (for eXtra-Gnarley) to come into the house  tht I thought we'd need the entire two hours to get him into Petsmart, especially to the back of the store.

So we move the seat in the van so both Gnarf and X can fit, we then head for Petsmart a little after 10 for the 11:00 slot.  Stop and get some coffee at my favorite coffee shop, no not Fourbucks (nothing against Starbucks though), then to get a newspaper.  We actually got the Petsmart just a little before 11. I went in to warn them of the impending potential disaster. Filled out the paperwork came out for the rodeo.  Susan took Gnarf, I took X and followed Susan right through the door... Got a little hesitation after he got inside, but followed Gnarf to the vet clinic with not a single  issue.

He didn't really think he wanted  to go through the exam room door, so Susan, Gnarf and I went in, left the door open. He laid outside for a bit then ever so cautiously slithered in.

He got his rabies shot and back to the car, which he was real happy to see. He just jumped right in. So on the way home we devised the "get the newf in the house" strategy. Susan would get out first and take Gnarley through the garage and into the house.  hmmm... X and I would follow.

Well Gnarf is VERY good about staying in the car till he's told to get out. X on the other hand jumped right out and headed for the gate to get back into the yard. Well at least he wants in.  He burned my hand pulling the nylon leash through my fingers which were too stupid to let go, well too stupid and too slow.

Susan and Gnarf go in, and X follows RIGHT into the house.  I kept him on the leash for a bit but NO issues.  I finaly turned him loose,  Gnarf showed him around the house and introduced him to Miles the Russian Blue pussy cat that was peacefully sleeping on our bed. Miles actualy belongs to Allisa Elliott but seems to have taken up long term residence with us.

So X spots Miles on the bed and gently puts his feet up with his ear perked up, as much as a newf can perk up his ears. Meanwhile Gnarley was on the opposite side of the bed just having a look.  Miles jumped up when he saw X and headed right for Gnarley and was absolutely beside himself when he ran face to face into Gnarf....  Somehow he jumped to the floor and tried to make a break for it but they caught him. Standing over his poor cowering little kitty body BOTH barking at the poor thing, a total of 257 pounds of Newf and he can't be more than 8 pounds wet.  Hence the title of this post, I have no doubt that Miles was afraid he'd died and gone to kitty hell. I did pull X back and let Miles escape, to where, I have no idea...

I did muscle X onto the vet scale, I was a little  over, he actually weighs 147 pounds. Bet he weighs at least a pound less when he gets neutered.

I am fighting the urge to tell the rest of the story, X at Petsmart. Susan took some photos that are really touching. I'm trying to encourage her to post the verbiage and the photos.

Oh, BTW ask her to post the painting she hung at the pastry shop with a couple of Brandi's.  They are simply wonderful. My Susan and Brandi are amazingly talented. I simply can't believe the work that comes out of them.

http://talesfromtablerock.blogspot.com/

See what susan has to say AND some of her most recent artwork at the above link.

No comments:

Post a Comment