Saturday, July 3, 2010

Some days it just doesn't pay | and to our Military Heros

So this has been a VERY annoying month. (well June and so far July).  First the Red Dodge Ram finally died.  The fuel transfer pump was bad, several hundred dollars. and subsequently caused the injection pump to fail (diesel stuff), Over $1,700.. just for the pump.  One of the back windows is ALSO broken.

Then the White Dodge (Susie's truck) had the transmission rebuilt for $3,500.00+, BUT it runs real nice though.  NOW the brake caliber on the right front side hung and destroyed the rotor.  Figured may as well replace both calibers, at least the destroyed rotor (probably both as it'll be all new) and obviously the brake pads.

So what am I doing on our 4th of July holiday weekend, replacing the brake components on the white truck, a little over $400.00 so far, just in parts. 

GggggRrrrrrrrrrrrr....

Well I suppose the good news is the brakes on the white 3/4 ton are MUCH easier than on the red 1 ton....



On seconds thought, I suppose it could always be worse, think about and pray for the Soldiers, Sailors and Marines in afganistan, iraq and around the world.... Hmmmm Much much worse for them. I (and I hope you too) thank them  for thier service and sacrafice.....

1 comment:

  1. Sorry to hear of all of your troubles. I hope the brakes go easy on you.

    Happy Independence Day!!

    I am thankful for my Marine :)

    ReplyDelete